Since 1985, Mundell personnel have provided litigation support services in over 30 cases in the areas of environmental assessment, remediation and waste containment involving industrial facilities, Superfund sites and leaking underground storage tanks.
These activities required significant experience and expertise across many areas: contaminant and waste chemistry, geology and hydrogeology, groundwater and contaminant transport modeling, environmental compliance, environmental industrial practices, economic evaluation of soil and groundwater remediation alternatives, and National Contingency Plan compliance.
As required, Mundell served as expert witnesses related to a number of insurance coverage environmental issues. Using our scientific and engineering experience, our approach includes an objective assessment of the protocols and methodologies used to generate site information, and an unbiased evaluation of case facts and issues supplemented with appropriate analysis and data acquisition, as needed.
Litigation Support and Expert Witness Topics
- Release characteristic evaluation - sudden and accidental/unexpected and unintended
- Pollutant evaluation - toxicity, mobility and persistence in the environment
- Documents review for support of litigation strategy development- Evaluation of release rates and environmental damage relative to time periods of interest
- Assessment of environmental investigation and remediation costs
- Source damage contribution to overall environmental costs and cost allocation
- Historical state-of-knowledge of environmental pollution, regulation and practice
(these are some examples, contact us for specific needs)